A commitment beyond academics Click here to apply today Baptist Health Student Looking into Microscope

History of BHCLR

1920 Battle Creek Sanitarium purchased and renamed Baptist State Hospital.

1924 The first seventeen nurses graduated from Baptist Health Schools.
1936 The School of Nursing was granted approval by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing.
1953 Baptist Health School of Radiography was established.
1964 Baptist Health School of Practical Nursing was established.
1965 Baptist Health School of Medical Laboratory Science was established.
1976 Baptist Health School of Histotechnology was established.
1979 Baptist Health School of Nuclear Medicine Technology was established.
1985 Baptist Health School of Coding Technology opened and operated until June 2007.
1987 The accelerated Nursing program (LPN/LPTN to RN) was established.

The Baptist Health School of Medical Transcription opened and operated until June 2007.

1989 Baptist Health Schools reorganized into one department. All schools operated by the organization were included.
1990 Baptist Health School of Nursing-Northwest was established in Springdale, Arkansas and operated under Baptist Health ownership until 1998.
1997 Baptist Health School of Nursing-Southeast was established in McGehee, Arkansas and operated for ten years to serve a critical need in the delta region.
1998 American Heart Association approved Baptist Health as a Community Training Center located at the Baptist Health Schools campus.
1999 Baptist Health School of Surgical Technology was established.
2001

Baptist Health Schools entered into a partnership with Pulaski Technical College to offer general education and science courses to students on the Baptist Health Schools Campus.

Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock, became a clinical facility for Wesleyan University, Fort Worth, Texas, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist school.
2005 The Baptist Health School of Occupational Therapy Assistant was established as a partnership program with Pulaski Technical College.
2006 Dr. Shirlene Harris, long time administrator of Baptist Health Schools, retired after 41 years of dedicated service.
2007 In February, Dr. Judy I. Pile was appointed the Assistant Vice President for Education.

In June, the institution name was changed to Baptist Health Schools Little Rock (BHSLR).

In December, the BHSLR-School of Nursing Southeast commences the final class and is closed.
2008 BHSLR is granted institutional accreditation through the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).

The School of Sleep Technology is established.

BHSLR entered into a partnership with Arkansas Tech University to offer a seamless Bachelor or Science in Nursing (BSN) degree completion track to Registered Nursing graduates.
2010 BHSLR entered into a partnership with the University of Arkansas at Little Rock to offer a seamless Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree completion track to Registered Nursing graduates.

BHSLR entered into a partnership with Pulaski Technical College to offer a seamless Associate of Applied Science in Allied Health (AAS in AH) degree completion track to Histotechnology, Surgical Technology and Sleep Technology graduates.
2015 Baptist Health Schools Little Rock transitions to Baptist Health College Little Rock after gaining certification through the Arkansas Department of Higher Education to grant degrees.

The College entered Associate of Applied Science degree-seeking students in the School of Nursing on July 6, 2015.
2017 Baptist Health College Little Rock Began offering two additional Associate of Applied Sciences degrees.

AAS - Histotechnology

AAS - Surgical Technology